To lead the commercial, business development and engineering functions of Leighton O’Brien’s business, deliver business objectives and contribute to the implementation and execution of the business strategy within Canada, United States and Central and South America.
The role will execute a robust growth focused commercial strategy focusing on driving the existing business, new markets and maximizing return on investment through existing and new partners and customers.
Working with international management team ensuring global alignment of internal functions to deliver excellent customer service to clients & distributors alike.
The Operations Engineer will work to improve Leighton O’Brien’s already strong market position by driving financial growth of the business unit. The role will build on organizational strategic goals, build key customer relationships, identify opportunities, negotiate and close commercial agreements. With a strong technical background and product knowledge the Operations Engineer will be responsible for all engineering support and business development in the region. The role will involve significant travel within North, Central and South America to build relationships and business channels with our existing partners and clients along with establishing new business streams.
The key deliverables of the role will include;
- Providing commercial and technical support to existing business partners and customers in the region
- Analysis of potential and existing markets in order to identify new business opportunities
- Utilising strong market knowledge and market research to develop strategies and roadmaps to grow sales
- Develop and maintain good customer relationships for future growth
- Prepare presentations and proposals to develop business opportunities
- Support the sales staff in technical, resourcing, budgeting, and problem solving activities
- Develop campaigns and other activities that will help in increasing the recognition of Leighton O’Brien
To be considered to hold the position of Operations Engineer applicants must possess the following skills and attributes
- Successful candidate must fit the Leighton O’Brien mould – team first
- 2 or 4-year business/technical degree or equivalent work/industry experience.
- A minimum of 4 years professional experience
- Have a positive attitude towards safety and quality
- Outstanding communication skills demonstrated over a wide range of cultures
- Strong technical and commercial problem solving skills
- Ability to develop and make presentations to existing and prospective partners and end clients
- Experience in technical sales, commercial relationship management & business expansion will be highly favourable
- Ability to speak Spanish is a plus