An exciting opportunity has arisen in our Australian Field Services operations. We are seeking a Northern Region Operations Manager to play an integral role in the management of our business in QLD, NT, WA and PNG.
This is an exciting opportunity for a strong manager with relevant industry experience to provide leadership and expert engineering advice on a range of environmental and product quality services to the petroleum industry. Working autonomously in our Browns Plains office, you will supervise our QLD and WA Technicians and report to the GM of Field Services in Melbourne.
Key accountabilities of this role include:
- Planning, development, delivery, technical quality, integrity and adequacy of all day-to-day operations
- Meeting customers – build business, manage issues and ensure excellent service
- Ensuring projects are completed in a safe, efficient and economical manner
- Liaising with sub-contractors and relevant authorities (e.g. EPA) according to program requirements
- Technical reports – review, writing and generation of technical reports for clients
- Management of technicians – work schedules, issues, technical questions, recruitment and performance management
The successful candidate may have completed a degree in an engineering discipline and/or have up to 5 years’ experience in a relevant industry (petroleum, infrastructure, technical/engineering services). Your understanding of mechanical and technical processes and equipment will be exceptional. You will have previous experience managing technical employees working on client sites, and well developed analytical, research and problem solving skills to underpin your knowledge and understanding of engineering concepts, principles and techniques.
Your superior communication and interpersonal skills will enable you to build strong relationships within your team and a range of technical and project delivery across all disciplines. You will demonstrate a willingness and ability to learn and absorb information, take accountability for tasks and be comfortable in working autonomously.
As a key team member of the Leighton O’Brien Field Services, you will display drive and initiative and support the team to achieve key objectives. You will have a good working knowledge of MS Office suite of programs. To apply for this excellent opportunity with a company entering an exciting phase of growth, go to seek.com.au.